[RC] Horses in Need of Help! - Val Nicoson

Posting this for a friend of mine who doesn't know where to turn.  Sounds like these horses are in dire need of better care and shelter in order to survive.  Right now the area is getting cold rain which has already turned into sleet just 50 miles north of the location below.  Can anyone help me advise her where to turn?  This is in Southern Illinois approx 50 miles ESE from St Louis MO.

[Problem is that down the road from me there are about a dozen horses with no shelter, no water when frozen, not feed most the time, and one horse with a blanket on with no supervision.  Plus now the blanket is wet keeping the coldness on his back.  I called animal control in Pinckneyville, but don't think they did anything.  I would like to call someone that deals with horses and will put a stop to this lack of care.   The people don't live on the property where the horses are.]

Thanks for any help!
Val + Herd safe from the elements with good feed, decent hay, and unfrozen water :-)