Re: [RC] [RC] Shoulder surgery - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

I had a severe torn rotator cuff.  When I went to the Stanford Orthopedic Clinic their advice was to let it heal on it's own.  They said, often, the shoulder becomes more arthritic with the surgery than taking the time to let it heal on it's own.  Of course that is easier said than done.  I couldn't ride a horse for almost 3 years.  And, yes, I cheated, and was always sorry.  When I did ride I felt it within hours for days.  I don't like taking pain meds so I dealt with the pain.  Which was not easy running a boarding facility with 74 horses.  At-any-rate if anyone has shoulder issues better to work with an orthopedic that will set a physical therapy program without surgery!

 Best of luck and best wishes to everyone for the New Year!  Here's to a successful 2008 Ride Season.

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Re-examine all you have been told . . . dismiss what insults your soul."

--Walt Whitman