[RC] Las Cruces - Richard - alexis_mills

Congratulations on your completion, Richard. I was so cold that I went for dinner right after Valerie came in.

No, I didn't do the ride, but I was there at the vet check as everyone came in, and some (certainly not all) of what I saw was disturbing.

The vets were doing a great job (I never meant to imply otherwise) and most of the horses seemed okay, but those that didn't really made an impression on me as a first-time spectator.

As far as the times: they may not have been that fast in the current context of racing, but given the high percentage of pulls in the 100, perhaps some riders should have slowed down a bit. Lameness can be a result of fatigue as well, right?