[RC] Grandpas - victoria thompson

My grandfather was a CPA during Hollywood's heyday and had many movie star clients. He was also a huge outdoorsman. One of his client/hunting buddies was Will Kellogg. While I don't remember much about my grandfather other than he raised highly praised and prized Irish Setters, I do remember the stories my mother told of spending a great many weekends at the Kellogg Ranch in Pamona before he donated it to the Univ of CA. While I can't remember which stallion it was (I suppose I should have asked my mom before I wrote this), but one of his foundation stallions had a very nasty reputation. Very aggressive and hard to handle. My mother used to ride him when she went out to the ranch. He adored my mother. My grandfather and WK would throw her up on him and watch him carry her around proud as a peacock.

I was nine when he died. We lived in Sacramento and he in Pasadena, so we only got together on holidays. It's funny how I remember so little of him. I know he had a moustache and I refused to kiss him because of it. And I remember his dogs - we even had a few. I own his favorite shotguns. The picture I have of him has him with a horse and his dogs up camping on Mammoth Mt, but it's my grandmother I really remember. She shared my passion for horses and helped me with mine for as long as she was able.

Tori