Re: [RC] Grandpas - Tom Sites

I come from a busted up home and was raised by my Mother.  The only positive role model i had as a kid was Pop, who was a German immigrant and called Vinefar...Winegar, who was my Grandmothers third husband because all her other husbands died including my Paternal Grandfather.

Pop was a farmer and my Grandmother raised flowers she sold at the market in Parkersburg WVa where Pop sold his vegetables.  I remember the days helping out on the farm where Pop plowed the fields w/ his horse Dewey.  I got to ride Dewey to the fields and back.  Gee and Haw.... i still remember,  and the smell of the leather harness and the sweat and the first horse i ever *rode*.  Pop will always be a large part of my youth at a time my family was in chaos.  He and my Grandmother were the most stabilizing part of my child hood.

I attribute my life profession as a landscape gardner to them and whatever horse pursuits to Dewey.  They had a most profound effect on me as a child.  ts