Re: [RC] [RC] cat shot/horse shot - Susan

The coon hunters in Oklahoma got a law passed that makes it illegal to shoot dogs and cats in your pasture.  While I can certainly understand the coon hunters' position, that makes it hard on the rest of us that have pests running cattle, chasing pets and endangering children.

Usually, coon hounds (or any hunting hound) don't bother anything.  I know they sometimes chase cattle and can make a real mess in the barn yard.  OTOH, I've seen over 100 foxhounds in a barnyard and NOTHING got bothered.  Marvin Beeman controlled the entire pack with a few simple voice commands.  It's really something to see!  With a disciplined hunting hound (or pack thereof), there usually isn't a problem.  I've got hundreds of funny and neat hound stories!

Now, for the stray dogs and cats that come for a visit and make a pest out of themselves, they get taken care of...quickly and quietly with no fanfare to the public.  Ben Franklin said something to the effect that if you want to keep a secret from an enemy, don't tell your friend.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)