[RC] mud problems - Help - mary

I have been boarding my horse for the last month and will need to keep[ boarding for another month or 2.  We are putting up a fence and the weather has been so wet that we cannot set the fence posts.  My problem is that the place the horses are is very very muddy.  It is almost a liquid mud - I sink to above my ankles and have to hold my boots to keep[ them on.  We have had so much snow and rain this year that it is the worst since we moved here 9 years ago.  My horses are in a paddock that has a 3 sided shelter.  The far end of the paddock is the least muddy.  The area with the shelter and the gate to go in and our are terrible.  I do not have anywhere else to take the horses so I am trying to figure out what to do to help the situation.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking about buying several bales of straw or hay to put in the shelter.  Do you think that would help pr do you have any other suggestions?

mary

-