[RC] corrals - Katrina Mosshammer

Re: [RC] [RC] portable corral question - Marta Kozlowska

Kathy

Here is a link to the cart a corral
http://www.cartacorral.com/servlet/Categories?category=Store+Catalog

and i agree, Katrina's panels are huge... do they collapse?

I have a friend that has a set very similar to that. I was at her camp one time when she had her gelding in it. I watched him push that corral all around his campsite. Ended up quite bit away from where she originally had set it up. I have also seen horses grazing at the edge and stick their heads under them and lift them up off of the ground.(That's the only problem with making them lighter for us to carry; they're lighter for the horse to move also.) That's why we went with what we have, they're heavy enough and tall enough that they can't push them around and the cross bars are low enough that they can't get under them and lift them up.

I do have to say that the picture kind of gives an optical illusion though. The sorrell horse is only 14.2-14.3. It makes them look really tall. I'm 5'6" and the top bar is about chin level to me. They don't collapse but I can put up the pen by myself. (It's not a piece of cake, but it is doable.)

Katrina