Re: [RC] [RC] Hard Keeper and Competition Horse... two questions - Dawn Carrie

Mike, when our old guy (31) started having trouble holding weight at around 29 or so, we switched him to beet pulp and Purina Ultium (high fat).  It kept him round and shiny.  He would refuse food with even 1/4 cup of oil in a huge bucket of food, so oil was not an option.  But the Ultium worked great.  We had our competition horses on it too until recently, but just switched to a custom-made mix that's beet pulp based, high fat, and lower protein.  We split an order with a friend.

Dawn in East Texas