[RC] Glucosamine for rider + hyaluronic acid (HA) - Naomi Preston

I've had great success taking MSM (1000 mg) and a Glucosamine & Chondroitin product "Move Free" by Schiff.  It contains 1500 mg. glucosamine, 200 mg chondroitin,  a small amount of hyaluronic acid (3.3mg), and a couple herbs (chinese scullcap and black catechu).  After I started taking this combination I had a big reduction in the pain in my arthritic hip.  Then later, I added additional hyaluronic acid (Walmart has it CHEAP -- $6).  After adding the HA I was almost 100% pain free.  The HA really made the difference for me.  (everyone's different!).  Also, BiMart in the Northwest has their own brand of "Move Free" and it's half the price ($9.99 for 80 tabs).  Walmart and Costco probably have the same thing.  When I started the "Move Free", I took two pills for a couple weeks, then down to one pill a day.  My orthopedic surgeon told me about recent research that said 750 mg. of glucosamine was all you needed per day, vs. the bottles that tell you to take 1500 mg.  So that's what I do.  Per month I'm spending approximately $15.  The other component for the health of my hip joint is regular visits to the machines at the gym!  I'm successfully postponing hip surgery with this combo.
Naomi