[RC] FW: I can't get this to post PLEASE post it for me and contact me as i need some help posting tnx! - Steph Teeter

<posted on behalf of Theresa Simendiger>

-----Original Message-----
From: Theresa Simendinger [mailto:cowgirltns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 10:46 AM
To: steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: I can't get this to post PLEASE post it for me and contact me as i need some help posting tnx!

I am so surprised at all the politics in the endurance world. When I belonged I thought the endurance organizations were there not only for the love and fair treatment of horses but also for fun and fair play all around.

Now this, nothing but quibbling over the fact that one of our long time endurance members was asked to come ride a horse in the President's Cup in Dubai. Fred Emigh, whom anyone who in AERC knows, never asked to be part of the ranking or officially represent the U.S. team. He was going for the love of the sport and as an endurance rider who happened to be an American.

Because he loves the sport and has belonged to AERC forever he did all this even though he was not taking one of the coveted positions given by the various governing organizations to whomever. Fred is a great trainer who over the years has helped so many people and horses in the sport of endurance and just as a friend to so many new horse owners, or just new to the sport or just needing a helping hand. He has given his time and expertise time after time and helped out whenever he could. I am sure Fred has lost count of the buckles he has from Tevis. How many other 100 milers has he done over the years, how many young horses has he started so well that their owners went on to glory with them when they were ready to be contenders. We should all be proud that at least one American finished the race in Dubai with his horse sound healthy and happy. That our Fred! You should be as proud of him as we are!

Theresa Simendinger • 655 Kingfisher Lane, Friday Harbor, WA 98250 • 360-378-8332