RE: [RC] [RC] another dressage video (OT) - Juli Jakub

This video was worse in my opinion...I saw alot of tension in the back and neck...the movement was mechanical and I have always thought that Anky has very heavy hands causing the horse to go behind the vertical at times...she uses a technique called Rolkur...look it up. It is very controversial and I do not agree with it as well as many people in the dressage world. They force the horse into frame with overbending. It causes problems later in the horses life. ( although most high level sports do anyway!!) They say only top riders can do it safely for the horse but it causes the stilted gaits you see in that horse. Every horse I have seen that has been trained with Rolkur has those same stilted gaits with lack of true collection. Look at the horses stifles they do not come up and under. I also think she rode with as much spur as the other video if you look closely... I would not have placed her first... the performance had no beauty or flow although the horse was on the beat pretty well...if you listen you know why...they create the test and then make their own music to the horses beat using a computer to slow and speed up tracks...and adding transitions. My husband can do that too..we made a song with my niece called "Turkey Gizzards" for Turkey day...she was thrilled!. Cool....but truely dancing to the music I don't know. I thought although technically well done the performance lacked the artistry and feeling of the other performance. It was lackluster.
JMHO

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

The grey mare did not win. She came in SECOND. This is the video of the winner. Watch the difference in the horses tail ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJGEzI3aIc

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro*Terms http://www.NexTag.com