[RC] dressage videos, comments - Ed Kilpatrick

funny how we can get several different impressions from watching the same thing.   i thought the gray mare just looked really pissed off at times, not that she was uncomfortable.  however, the tail wringing did seem to occur with more vigor at certain times, which made me think that the rider's use of the spur might be the cause, or possibly a different pain issue.

i thought the rider of the black horse had very relaxed legs, and the cues with the spurs were much more subtle.  the horse looked happier, and its movement was more animated, yet refined.

i dont really know about dressage.  i have a friend who teaches it.  my wife made me take a lesson, while my andalusian stallion was there for training.  i quit after about ten minutes of the girls all laughing at me, bouncing around on a big warmblood.   felt about as out of place as a milk bucket under a bull....
but, i went to the show the next month.  did the intro test on my andalusian stallion.  got the blue ribbon over 6 DQs who had worked at it for a long time.  it kinda made them mad, i think, because their tails were swishing.......

another funny thing, my horse didnt really learn to work off his rear end until i sent him to a cutting horse trainer.   a cowboy.   i'll be darned.  everybody has value of some sort.

to keep this on topic, i will be riding this horse in endurance rides later this year, hopefully.

cowboy ed