[RC] feeding question - Stacy Baxter

I don't have any hard facts about how grain is absorbed either, I was just told by the LMF representative to feed it an hour after giving hay because hay is absorbed in the hind gut and grain absorbed in the fore gut.  The hay would push the grain through without it getting absorbed.

All I can tell you is that after I did this, my horse gained about 120 pounds.  I think part of the reason for this is that I fed grain and beet pulp at the same time as the hay and the horse filled up on the soaked beet pulp.

-Stacy

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.