Re: [RC] riding while pg - SandyDSA

As one who rode until 2 weeks before the first daughter and one who needed to stop riding 6 weeks before the second, as any MD will tell you, every PG is a little different. don't assume that because your best friend rode until a vet had to deliver said baby that YOU can as well. The biggest concern of course would be...separation of horse and rider - involuntarily:). Aside from that, there may be other issues not apparent that can be compounded by the pounding. IN general, exercise is very good for a mom-to-be; however, any good MD will tell a mom-to-be that they need to be aware of the dangers of having an accident especially later in the gestation. It would seem prudent to assume that a better general statement would be to do what you are accustomed to doing, less the exceptional danger element, certainly later in gestation. God is indeed good when we are fortunate enough to have healthy "foals" while riding until delivery - but don't assume that everyone does. Let your body - and your doctor - help you decide when to stop riding. I personally would hate to think of how I would have felt if anything I did compromised the life of my girls.