[RC] [RC] Weight Divisions/Voting - frank solano - FXLivestock

Frank,
   I agree with you.  I would like to see how the general membership feels about weight divisions. Personally, weight divisions mean nothing to me so it doesn't matter if there are 4 or 0. I ride as a featherwt but could easily make the middle wt divison.   Wt divisions just don't figure into my goals for endurance.

But, I think looking at how the membership feels about the number of weight divisions will say a lot about how AERC members feel about recognition programs and awards. The information gained as by product of a vote may really help in the future when considering new recognition and award programs.

    Really, the only purpose of having weight divisions is recognition, whether it is at the individual ride or whether it is accumulating points for year end recognition.  The ride itself will not change if there are no weight divisions or four weight divisions.  Overall placing will not change so it really doesn't effect those that "race".  It also doesn't effect those that have life time achieivement goals.  If you are not riding for points or for individual ride division recognition, weight divisions really don't matter.

  It all comes down to how members want recognition in the sport.  If there eventually is a vote or survey for the entire membership, I think it will be interesting to see the results.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648

That seems like the way things oughta be...people who care enough to voice their opinions, irrespective of whether members of the BOD or the organization agree with them.

To follow silently the thirstiest riders on the trail doesn't always mean you'll find water.  Sometimes their thirst causes them to take a wrong turn here and there.

Frank
(at least a half a bottle from full)