RE: [RC] Snakes / Virginia??? - Bonnie Peralez

right after my fear of actually seeing one is my second one that my daughter will find one

My son and your daughter would have had fun at the rides. Every ride we went to, he would take his snake stick (something like a golf club but it had a hook on the end to catch the snake) and be out poking around in the bushes looking for things. One year he was riding a competitive trail ride and as he was crossing a creek on his way into camp he saw a snake at the edge of the water. He jumped off his horse, grabbed the snake, jumped back on his horse and crossed the finish line holding it in his hand. Then the snake rode home with us in a pillow case. He kept that snake for close to 20 years. It even went to college with him along with a couple of geckos.

Bonnie