[RC] R.I.P., Remington Steele*++ - Lynne Glazer

Please read the story of his passing today at <http://inrepose.com/ memorials_viewpage.php?UserID=102&PageNbr=2>, you can leave messages for Patti and others there too.

Rem had just turned 25, was to be one of the Celebrity horses at the two eastern Equine Affaires this year, which would have been his forté, he always loved to show off. He and Patti had a long, fulfilling partnership in the show ring, and on the trail. He was awarded the first W.A.H.O. trophy for the US at the 2006 Arabian Nationals for his accomplishments, and Patti rode him in, attired in his endurance tack. He stamped his offspring with great minds, trainability, people-centricity, long hips, smooth gaits and a ton of "want to". I feel lucky to have two of his kids, to have ridden him and to have lots of happy memories and even one where he did something unprecedented in my experience--stayed down flat tangled in his reins and martingale after a horrendous flip on trail while I treated Patti's broken wrist, both bones, until I asked him to get up, must've been at least 10 minutes. Another time I remember driving out to Death Valley so that my riding buddy and breeder of HCC line horses, Jim Kinder, could meet him to decide whether to purchase a breeding I owned, and we met them at a vet check and at the finish line. They were one of the last teams to finish, in the dark, and Patti had his blood tested as part of the Pride Project. I took him for her back to the trailer for untacking, etc., and Jim was impressed at the gleam in his eye and spring in his step, Rem was no spring chicken then, and bought the breeding on the spot. :-)

Lynne

http://www.photo.lynnesite.com