Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] And bears?

A few people have mentioned bears...we don't have to worry about bears in my area, but I've heard of bears in other areas where I would go for rides...if a horse has never seen a bear, would it completely freak out??
My horse has seen deer and has no problem with motorized things, but she was really scared the first time she saw a cow (but not llamas or goats or sheep). She is still nervous of cows and I am working on getting her over it...for a "cow-bred" horse, she's definitely missing the cow sense :)  So a bear makes me *really* wonder what would happen, and not necessarily in a good way :)

We do have lots of grass snakes, garters snakes and such in my area Chrystal, but my horse seems to not even realize they are there. She walks right over them like its a branch on the trail or road.

Lysane