RE: [RC] Time and Money to Do This Sport... getting philosophical - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

Adam's wife piping up here...Since Adam changed jobs, I've had to work full
time and now am back at home, working out of the house.  When he was living
the life of leisure (ie unemployed:)), he would take the kids and horses to
the rides on Fridays and I would trade my shift to get off at 5pm and drive
separately to the ride that night.  And now, he doesn't have a lot of
vacation time yet so he plans out his rides, gives his schedule to his boss
(who doesn't like that he schedules vacation time before it's "earned" but
riding is more important to Adam than pleasing the boss all of the time:)),
and since I now have more flexibility in my schedule, I drive to the rides
on occasion and set up camp and he joins us in the evening.  (Now that we
have a semi-truck, I'm a bit nervous about doing this!)

I guess what I'm saying is that it is a group effort at our house to get to
the rides.  We breed the horses, too, which is more my bag than Adam's, so
it's important that my babies are out there being used, so I have personal
motivation.  But also, Adam's a much happier person when riding and as his
spousal unit, I want him to be happy (much easier to live with happy people,
you know) so I try to make it happen.  (But note that while I crew, I do NOT
wait on him hand and foot:)).  Now our 12 yr old is planning on riding this
year and I guess that means I will too as Lincoln's not ready for the 100
mile rides that Adam is going to do this year.

Heck, I sure didn't mean this e-mail to be THIS long:)

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk
584 Romie Howard Rd.
Yoncalla OR 97499
541-849-2460
866-241-1531 (toll-free)
www.mfarm.org & www.wildeivey.com

The bottom line is have fun and don't take it all to seriously, it will
ruin
it for you and your family.

Adam