From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lori Bertolucci
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:49 PM
To: Horseraser@xxxxxxx; ridecamp
Subject: Re: [RC] Heavyweight Riders getting slammed

I remember many years ago, when i was just starting to train riding road bikes, as in bicycles. I was slim, and fit, to a degree, and really looked the part. But I was just starting to ride bikes seriously. I was going up a road they refer to as the bluffs, and was struggling along, thinking I wasn't going to make it. All of a sudden I was passed by a rather large woman on a bike. She was going up the steep hill like it wasn't even there!
When she went by, I thought to myself, if she can do this, so can I!  It was the incentive I needed. I still struggled, but never forgot that lesson...looks can be veryyyyy deceiving!   lol

So show that woman what you can do, and let her eat cake!

Good luck!

lori

Horseraser@xxxxxxx wrote:
I really dont think this woman has her fitness credentials or is a Doctor.. Keep in mind that statistics show that there are "big" people out there that are way more fit than the average person.  Her comment is small-minded and uneducated. One of the best riders I know is a heavyweight girl and she can outlast me any day of the week when it comes to long distance riding.  She finished Tevis last year.
Screw her!
Micki Turney