[RC] Ideal Gooseneck LQ size? - Barbara Berlitz

Hi all,

Now, I am looking for advice. I have just retired my 2003 Yukon from trailer duty. Pulled out the brake controller yesterday to guarantee it. I got a one-ton dually, so can now “graduate” to a gooseneck with LQ (after much contemplation eliminated camper/truck combo mostly because I cannot manage the tail gate of the truck myself and would want use of the truck as a truck , too). I will be replacing my beloved 2 horse slant 2003 Trails West with something. I am in the WESTERN region, so you know what sorts of tight campsites and/or hairpin turns into camps we have out here. What is the group recommendations on the maximum box-length I should get for the trailer portion? Is getting a Mid-Tack out of the question because of the added length? I plan on a three horse, with stud wall if not a mid-tack. But…what amount of space does that leave for the LQ part? All tips welcome!!!

Gratefully yours.

Barbara J. Berlitz

Pacific Grove, CA

M 31575