Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] agressive horse...defensive kicker? - Marirose Six

 No, I disagree - because that bad mannered horse BEHIND me may well clip the heels of MY horse - as happened to my dear departed mare years ago - her heels were bloodied and painful because of another horse. I had to wrap and care for those heels for a couple of weeks to fight any infection. People need to keep their own horses out of the safe space of others, and not to say keeping out of close quarters because that situation is inherent in most every equestrian event; rather, a rider has a responsibility to keep his own mount from being a nuisance or danger to others as much as is possible.

I wholey agree with you about other horses bad manners. I guess maybe I am biased having grown up in the show ring where bad manners didn't cut it in the flat classes & then years on the polo field where bad manners are not allowed. My poor horses & mules have often put up with others on their heels--it's not fun for either of us. Folks really oughtta watch their space.
Maybe I'll add that to my, now, list of peeves:
1. Horses kicking
2. Horses running over other horses butts.
(It all applies to mules too)

I just hate rude behavior in a horse, won't tolerate it.

 (Just so you all get where I'm coming from, I understand that the horses/mules rude behavior is often caused by the rider's allowing it & sometimes a young horse learning it's boundaries, & sometimes it's just a snotty horse :0))

--
Marirose

Yeeeeeee Hawwwww