[RC] Continuing saddle search... - Mike Lewis

I ran across the Arabian Saddle Co. site and found the "Solstice" model, which appears to have a very deep seat, much like the Wintec Isabell (which I am starting to think might be a more affordable alternative.)  Many of the saddles I viewed online were about $2300 or more; I just can't stand to abuse something that expensive by riding it through water, throwing it on the ground while hurrying to the vet check, etc.  :-)  The Specialized saddles are also priced a bit prohibitively.  I truly believe proper saddle fit for a horse can be achieved with less expensive saddles, and that improper riding technique will cause even the most expensive saddle to make a horse's back sore.

Finally, I stumbled into Syd Hill saddles, and was wondering what folks have to say about them.  The Longreach endurance, Exmoor endurance, and Kimberley Lite Rider are the only 3 I saw that are within my budget.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  They appear to really stick one's feet out in front of them, which is NOT the way I ride, so I'm not sure that the Syd Hills will be my best option.

Just looking for opinions...

Thanks again,
Mike