[RC] VV Ride 2008 - Juli Bechard

Ok, I’m seriously pouting here. I have no horse to ride in this years ride!  And I have the perfect trails right out of my back door!  Alpine is back on pasture rest thanks to a kick in the stifle area, and Merlin hasn’t been started yet.  I could ride my training project, but Shoney won’t leave the property alone yet.  If I ride him around the pond forty times, will that count? *grin

Ok, so I’ll have to wait until next year.  Then look out, I’ll be competing with Merlin for that coveted turtle award, since he’ll be three and barely under saddle.  I planned on doing a lot of walking that first year or two anyway.  Maybe Alpine will finally be completely sound, and I can go for some faster times on him.  Hey!  Do driving miles count?  I am starting Merlin in harness, and we could put some driving mile on him too….

Juli and the Herd

Alpine (who apparently likes vacations way too much, since he seems to keep injuring himself and getting turned out to rest)

Merlin (who wonders how he can be entered in an endurance competition, since he’s not even three yet)