[RC] Wintec 500 Dressage question (re: my saddle question) - Mike Lewis

I looked at many used and new saddles today, and brought home a Wintec 500 Dressage to try with my horse.  Have a week to decide to buy it.

I sat in a Wintec Isabel and felt that the seat was deeper than I really want.  Sat in the Pro Dressage and was OK with it, but not sure if it is worth the $200 extra over the 500 model.  Also tried a Collegiate dressage saddle and it was OK, but again, the seat was a bit deeper than I care for.  I like a little room for adjustment during longer rides.

The only gripes I have on the 500 dressage saddle:

1.  There is no finishing around the bottom edges, so I will either have to ride in half chaps or buy a full-length saddle cover to protect my lower legs from abrasion.  Not a big deal since I plan to buy a full-length sheepskin cover, anyway.  The Pro Dressage is better finished along the lower edge, but I'd still buy a cover for it, too.

2.  My feet feel like they're out in front of me.  I moved the saddle back on the horse and the problem is mostly resolved.  I suspect some of the issue is that I'm used to a Bob Marshall and NOT to any English saddle.  Can anyone recommend anything I can try?  My heels are definitely under my backside.  Perhaps I can move the blocks underneath the saddle flaps around and fix the problem.

Would appreciate any thoughts/help for this non-English-saddle rider.

Thank you,

Mike