Re: [RC] Ozark Binkies - Natalie Herman

<<<Thought I would let anyone know who is blanket shopping... OZARK LEATHER makes a great winter blanket that does NOT flatten down and get soggy when the snow melts on it...<snip>.....I don't know how it would hold up in a California dow n poor though!>>>
  I DO live in northern CA and I also have an Ozark Binkie. Here, it was only about 85 or 90$. It is a lighter-midweight one. I LOVE this blanket also. It has held up to two winters of downpour now and I always just throw it in the washer with no special soaps or anything (never knew you needed special soaps til the latest discussion on RC about Binkies...guess I have been lucky, as mine have stayed waterproof...My Saxon's also get this rough treatment and hold up great as well). Stays waterproof and warm with days and days of pouring rain and wind... I also love the way it has snap on belly closers...I leave the binkie on in the pasture and never have any issues with horses getting caught up. The buckles just break (annoying, but better than the horse legs) and the blanket is not torn like with a strap that is sewn into the binkie. So I would also recommend these blankets.
   Natalie

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.... 'Wow! What a ride!' "

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more