Re: [RC] injured tendons - Hoovinit

My mare tore a tendon about 8 months ago; my vet did several "shock wave" therapies on it and says it's fine to start riding now and eventually conditioning again for endurance.  He said it's important to bring them back slowly (he's a middle aged race track vet who's seen more than his share of leg injuries) for long term soundness.  He said the shock wave therapy breaks up the scar tissue and makes the healed tendon fibers stronger and less likely to re-injure.