Re: [RC] Wintec Pro Endurance saddle - Mike Lewis

Incidentally, since body type does matter when choosing a saddle, I'm 5'10 and 133 pounds with a 32" inseam (it is hard to look at myself in the mirror, as a man, and accept that I'm a mere featherweight--even harder to admit it here!)  Molly is a pretty well-developed Arab with a nice, full back and a "well-sprung" chest area.

Mike
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:23 PM
Subject: [RC] Wintec Pro Endurance saddle

I'm starting to look for a lighter/simpler solution to my saddle situation, and am considering the saddle mentioned in the title line of this e-mail.  What are folks' opinions?

The local tack store has many dressage-style saddles as well, which might be good since they have a deep seat.  I found a used Collegiate for $735, but that seems rather expensive considering I can have a brand new Wintec for less than $300 more--with full warranty, good padding, and in new condition.

Perhaps it would be too much to ask to find a used $400 saddle for endurance rides of 50 to 100 miles.... :-)

Thoughts?

Mike