RE: [RC] Humane Society (OT) - Terry Banister

No involvement of the Humane Society in the article. The local Animal Control and the Mich. County Dept. of Agriculture were involved. The vet did not say there was nothing wrong with the horses, rather that it could have been resolved without seizure.

For those who are afraid of large organizations, get real. Human nature rules, and there will always be mistakes and controversy /"us" vs "them" mentality, but there is no other way to accomplish things on a large scale without organization, and everything takes $$$$$$$$$ these days. Just bringing awareness to the public is a valuable service.

From: kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Humane Society (OT)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:33:49 -0800

There's also something going on in MI now too with a "humane" organization taking a herd of horses - even though the organization's vet said nothing was wrong with the horses!

The pictures I saw of the horses certainly didn't look even thin to me. Both mares I have ridden in their first couple 50s dropped a lot of weight after, that it took a while to put back - good thing no "do gooders" were about then I guess. Kind of scary.

Kristen