[RC] Fw: poem - Faustina Duffy

This was written by a friend of mine, but I think many of you will get a laugh from it (though it may be a little close to home...GRIN!)  --Faustina

HORSE HUSBANDS

Harold Roy Miller

To all you horse husbands who have equine-loving wives

whose horses are the centers of your darling?s daily lives,

I sympathize with you men.  I know exactly how you feel,

because I also have to endure this exasperating ordeal.

You probably are the guy who bought the fences and the stalls

and the one who built the corrals and put up the horse shed walls.

More than likely it was your cash that paid for the horses you both own

but women have selective memories about this, a fact that is well known.

The minute that you enter their equine-oriented dominion,

you instantly become a non-entity without any say or opinion.

They will also chastise you severely if you fail to follow orders

when it comes to taking care of their precious four-hoofed boarders.

  They?ll tell you how to mount your horse and how to position your feet,

the proper way to hold the reins and sit the saddle seat,

the way to brush and halter and other things they think you forgot

and you?ll get a lesson in horse nutrition whether you want it or not.

Although it is your chore to feed the horses day and night,

to them you are still a rookie and never seem to get it right.

They act like you have no common sense and darn near committed a crime

if you waver when you feed and don?t do it their way every time.

It doesn?t matter if you are a racetrack jockey or a famous rodeo star,

somehow your equine skills never quite measure up to par.

They live in their focused ?world of the horse? where women run the show

and any male with a laid-back attitude interrupts the natural flow.

 They expect a guy to cowboy up and, oh, how they can scold

if he doesn?t care to take a ride or clean stalls in the artic cold.

They don?t tolerate insubordination; they want to make sure you understand

though you may be the king of your castle, in the corrals you?re a hired hand.

Now a wise man will act like he heard every word his sweetheart has said

and not stand there fuming with anger or with a question mark over his head.

A smart man won?t growl or groan, making her sulky and down-hearted,

they?ll just give her a kiss and say,? Ok honey,? then do it the way they started