[RC] paintball guns/one more thing - heidi larson

The pistol type might not be as fun in a group, just due to
the fewer rounds you can shoot.  The rifle type hold alot
of paint and you can play for a long time without having to
reload.  As for types of guns, my son has a fancy one with
an electric trigger and electric hopper, however, when we
played at the local place, they supplied a simple marker
that didn't jam alot or have problems with co2 leaking,
etc.  They were called Pirahna's and my son said Tippman's
are also good guns.  Reliable and not alot to go wrong on
them.

heidi - wear loose clothing, it helps absorb impact and you
can also turn down the velocity so it doesn't hurt so much,
however, the paint doesn't go as far either that way.
And to make this somewhat horse related, you can get
markers in cool colored anodized aluminum, just like tack!
:)

--- RHONDA LEVINSON <rhndlev@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a slightly off topic question I hope someone can
help me with.  My son wants paintball guns for Christmas.
 He wants two or three so the rest of the family will
play with him.  He's thirteen and very responsible, so
I'm thinking I will buy one for him and an extra for me
because it sounds like fun.  However, I would also like
to use the extra gun from horseback.  There's this dog
that really goes after us when we ride on the roads and
the owners deny that their dog is the one attacking us.
So, if I shoot it with a paintball, I can mark the dog in
question so there is no question which dog it is when the
sheriff comes out, and maybe getting shot will scare off
the dog.
So, does anyone know anything about paintball guns?  Are
the pistol kinds that look like they'd work from
horseback good enough quality to be fun while playing in
a group?
Rhonda

Be a better friend, newshound, and