[RC] Chile - part 2 - Stephanie Teeter

It was a pretty drive - the green flat valley of Santiago, with looming snow
capped mountains to the West, giving way to rolling country as we neared the
coast. Ruben had rented apartments at the Las Brisas Condominiums - summer
resort, golf course, private summer homes, very nice, a little upper crust. Two
apartments for the Malaysians and I would stay with the guys! I did get the
best room... Everybody dropped off their luggage, moved into their rooms
(common kitchen, living and dining rooms and sun porch), and then met again for
a trip to the supermarket in San Antonio. We´d be doing most of our own
cooking, and the Malaysians were hoping to buy more familiar foods at a big
store (rice, fish, ramen). We got a little lost trying to find the supermarket
and arrived just as they were closing. So no problemo, no hesitation, quick
reversal, back up a now very familiar street, and stopped at tiny little mini
market. one little room, a few shelves, and not a lot of selection, but
everybody was hungry and grabbed enough items to get by for the night and next
morning and back to the condominium for dinner and bed. It was pretty funny
with everybody crowding into the little mini-market. In great spirits though,
full of enthusiasm and adventure for the ride to come.

I was starting to realize that Chile was a little chilly.... I didn´t bring a
lot of warm clothes, but as it got dark, and the fog rolled in it got colder
and colder. Next time I´ll know, but for this time I would just have to layer
all the clothes I brought and try to stay warm!

Quick dinner (chorizo, bread, un poco vino tinto) and then off to bed. We´d all
go out to the venue tomorrow, to figure out where everything was, test horses,
etc.

-more later-

Steph