[RC] why the Olympics?? - Chrystal Woodhouse

What is the interest in getting endurance into the Olympics or even on t .v?? It seems to me that the "bigger" a sport becomes the more political and most importantly the more the emphasis is  on winning, a sport who's motto is "to finish is to win" doesn't strike me as a sport that belongs in the Olympics ..  and that is more than o.k .with me.  I would love to see energy going into education in this sport not trying to make it "spectator" friendly, surely there are enough international events for those who prefer that type of ride.
Chrystal :-)