[RC] 8 yr old Arabian Gelding for sale - katbalu96

I am posting this for a friend that unfortunately must sell his great horse.  Brat is a steal at this price, but must find a new home soon due to the owner's health issues.  Hopefully you can help us find an excellent match for this nice gelding.  He is located in Elkhorn, Nebraska.

Hi,

I have an 8 yr old bay arabian gelding for sale due my health problems.

Brat wasn't started until he was 6. I have ridden him about two years. the first year was trying, this past year has been a blast.

Brat's registered name is wc 3rd degree, he is an aladdin and huckleberry bey grandson.

I mostly trail ride but I did show him at one arabian horse show in a hunter class. I ride him both hunt seat and western but with whatever saddle I use I mostly have ridden him on a loose rein. he responds very well to leg cues and will neck rein if leg cues are used in conjunction with the neck reining.

Brat will go in a group, by himself or leave a group with no problems. he will cross water and fallen timber. traffic does not bother him and I have ridden him down the highway many times. I have jumped some small jumps with him as well. Often when I saddle him I just ground tie him. Brat has a ground covering walk. I have not put as many hours on this horse as I did frontgate phoenix [incredible CP horse in NATRC Region 6] but he has been ridden quite a bit.

Now for some of his faults. He doesn't side pass well, (but I haven't worked on it much either), and he likes to turn around and walk out of my slant load trailer rather than backing out. he has been in a side by side before and backed out but he is spoiled and I have let him get away with not backing out of my trailer.
he will stand in cross ties and tied but he has tested being tied a few times when tied in new surroundings.

I am stabling brat at the elkhorn equestrian center. I have not ridden him a lot in the past month due to my medical problems but my daughter has been keeping him exercised in long lines. She is getting him ready to go back into the hunter show ring in case he doesn't sell to a ctr person.

He excels at trail riding and seems to like it a lot better than being a show horse. He was a naughty show horse when I got him but he took to the trails well.

I work evenings and my days off are wed and thurs. I would like to be there the first time he is looked at but if you want to look several times my daughter can show him as well if it fits your schedule better.

I am asking $1800 but will drop 20% off the price if he is a good match and goes by the end of dec. I have to go out of town for several weeks in jan and would like to be able to not pay board for jan.

feel free to call if you have any questions.
my cell phone is 402 659 5051 home phone is 402 573 5336

Bob