Re: [RC] A New Endurance Ride Concept - Linda Marins

Cindy Stafford said:

>  Back in the 90's, before there was survivor and the apprentice,
>  the producer, Mark Burnett, used to hold an Eco Challenge event,...
>  They were 11 day races of teams of 4, including kayaking, mountain
>  climbing, mountain biking, etc. in places like Fiji, Morocco, Patagonia...
> The race was packaged into a two part show,...

I'll explicitly state what may be the obvious, but which nevertheless
seems to be getting overlooked:

Televising an endurance race *live* in a way that is interesting for
a TV audience is an almost completely different problem from
staging an endurance race that can sustain the attention of
spectators who are present at the event, which is a completely
separate problem yet again from figuring out how to film an
endurance race which is to be edited together with other
footage to create an interesting, coherent, and inevitably
shorter program that is to be televised *after the fact*.

The latter is by far the easiest problem.  (Since it is scripted :-)!

Which problem are you trying to solve?

Linda Marins