Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] re: age per miles

Oh, NOOOOOO!  At 40, I was the strongest I have ever been.  At 40, I could out-hike and out-backpack my 19 and 17 year old daughters.  My mother used to tell me she never got her full strength until she was 40.  I was still pretty strong at backpacking at 59.
I'd still be competing on the endurance trail if my up and coming horse hadn't managed to get bit by a rattlesnake and has been out of competition since 2001.  I have a nice horse now, and the bitten one may be 100% sound now, but it's been hard getting back into the desire to compete.  The fire has just died down.  Anyone have bright ideas on how to get it back?

Barbara