[RC] Dr. Miller - endurance riders and their horses... - frank solano

On 2/3/07, Jennifer Adam <jatatahoe1@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

I had the wonderful opportunity to be at Tevis last year as a crew helper
for Tom Noll......

Seeing that made me question my interest in endurance - I do not want to
participate in a sport that rewards such abuse of a horse. But when I
realized that most riders put their horse's well-being above and before
their own, when I saw the partnership and friendship that exists between a
rider and the horse they have ridden thousands of miles, when I saw the
trails and felt an irresistable desire to explore them, when I watched the
horses canter or trot into the stadium in the middle of the night - *that*
made me want to do what you all do and be an endurance rider!

Great post, Jennifer.
 I'm thinkin' Tom Noll was a lucky fella to have you in his camp.
Good luck to you and THANK YOU for being able to wind your way to where, for me, the True Nature of Endurance exists.

Don't ever be fooled by all the buckets and buckles you might win to think any differently. :^))

Frank Solano