[RC] feeding on the ground - heidi larson

As I have limited pasture, everyone gets fed hay on the ground, lots of piles, lots of places so no or little fighting, it's basically a clearing in the forest right now, they're on a sacrifice area at the moment and will get some grass in late spring and part of summer but still, not what I'd consider a pasture.  They have all done well and maybe due to the fact we don't have sand except in runs off of stalls (and I never feed off of that) we haven't developed problems associated with sand.  I have taken grain out in pans to feed, one horse invariably flips his pan and eats it off the ground.

heidi

Get your own web address.