[RC] Riding & Age - Feldenkrais helps! - Naomi Preston

There have been so many great suggestions for aging riders, and I'd like to add one more.  Check out a Feldenkrais Practitioner for classes or individual work in your area.  It is amazing work, gentle and non-stressful. but with huge results.  I first became familiar with it when I had a triple fusion in my neck (C5-6-7) after a riding accident over ten years ago.  I regained range of motion and freedom in my neck that I never thought I'd have again.  It's great for rehabilitation from an injury, but also just for moving with more freedom and comfort for those without specific injuries.  (like regular aches and pains -- knees, back, neck, shoulders, etc).  I do a bit of Feldenkrais each morning before an endurance ride (5 -10 min)  and it makes an incredible difference in the way my body feels when I'm in the saddle.  Fewer aches and pains after the ride, too.

Check out this website for a practitioner in your area.

Naomi