Re: [RC] age per miles - Dana B.

sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I asked my acupuncturist if acupuncture could help stop arthritis from
developing. He said maybe, but best to take a double dose of fish oil.
Since the omega3s are anti-inflammatory it sure couldn't hurt .....

Since I read a similar statement in Runner's World about the anti-inflammatory properties of fish oil, I've been taking it after a hard workout in lieu of Advil or Aleve.  I have found that the fish oil seems to reduce the aches and pains that develop, as well as minimize the muscle stiffness.  Could be placebo, but hey, as long as it works.  And it's "doctor recommended" - my husband's cardiologist (a serious cyclist) loves the stuff.

Dana Baldwin

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx