[RC] Revisiting my fat...source - Laura Marshall

I have been using ground flax seed to gain extra calories for about three years. I have lost my notes on the pros and cons of feeding flax seed, amounts and calories. I believe one cup is equivalent to 1/4 cup of corn oil, calorie wise. I believe it is safe to feed during competition without slowing the gut...where are my notes? So I've got a fella that I want to keep more weight on, but I don't want to increase his grain by much more, don't know if I should continue with flax seed or change my fat...source. We tried to switch to Ultium and he does not like it, wouldn't touch it at a competition.
  So Dr. Garlinghouse? Anyone? Your knowledge, and experiences are requested!
                                Happy Trails, Laura