[RC] Managing over 50 (years not miles;0) riders - ladurgin

  Ok, I don't know if I am over the hill,  halfway  down the otherside, crawling up the hill or what. But I keep injuring myself, and would like to  ask advice so I can actually ride and train my horses and not hurt myself so much , therby being laidoff and trying to have #2 son have to blanket and feed, cause I can't lift the blankets!! This is like the 4th or 5th injury since I moved!aaarrghh.!!!This time I have torn  the trapieze muscles I believe where they attach to my  spine and shoulder blade, also have sharp, nerve type pain. Can't lift squat, can't turn my head over my shoulder  without pain; fun to back the truck), can't  lift any weight, hurts to roll over in bed--- you get the gist.... How did I do this , Again-- lifting the horse hayring myself, rolling it up a hill (with 3 rests)--it flopped-- I  rocked it up the hill slowly, then re-lifted it, (which is hard as it is taller then I can reach as I push it up. at the time it didn't really hurt,--HI-Yah!--kind of thing. But I have hurt myself twice before doing this -- Husbands says I am supposed to  get help to do this and I know better, but it was dark, cold and late and I just wanted to get the hay out.-- I may have actually learned a lesson  this time! Have tried moving hayring with tractor, but it is a bit rough on the ring. I knew when we bought it it was going to be a bear to move.--But the horses bent the  lighter one in the first month.
   I have hurt  my elbows with a tendonitis thing  lifting--  and seemed to have a rotator cuff type injury earlier, that took  about 3 /4months to heal..
    So  now I am trying to take Nsaids,not lift, move etc. so as to heal--- arrgh, I had just started working with the 5 yr old again...  (computer time, sewing and minor lhousehold work.)
      I seem to still have muscular strength, but am  tearing/ injuring  at the joints.  ( may have some arthritis, had morning stiffness till I started taking , Msn, gloucosamine, chondrotions)
    So I am thinking I need to find some kind of  exercise, weight  training or stretching or warmup   on a consistant  weekly routine. (I have a treadmill I use , when not walking a couple miles a week doing chores.--Kind of feel like if I work outside I don't need more  exercise! I am not sure, but wonder if the big M has something to do with this?

    Anybody have a routine or program that seems to work well? We  do have a weight bench, but I don't play with it to much.... any good video, cd"s or books  that help manage this?

     I have always been strong for a girl--- but now seems  I need to alter  something---- Its like I can still do the stuff, but am injuring myself and don't realise it till later.... Ok, I now realise I shouldn't  lift more than about  100 lbs anymore:0(

Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!