Re: [RC] Waterproof turnout sheets - Beth Walker

I'm going on year 2 of Riders International blankets, with no problems. ?I've thrown them in the washer, with either regular detergent or blanket wash. ?What I haven't done is try to reproof them -- I figured I'd wait until they started to leak in the first place. ?So -- maybe it is the reproofing? ?

Ed wrote that small amounts of soap could interfere with the reproofing -- at least, that is how I read that. ?What if the reproofing with a 3d party product also interferes with the original waterproofing? ?Or the two interact?

Just guessing.