From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:59 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Long distance hauling

This is in respect to going to endurance rides outside of my region, maybe visiting the beautiful Swanton Pacific some day.

Does anyone have any experience with horse trailering over long distances that they would like to share?  I guess specifically a couple horses traveling in an average LQ trailer.  Stopping every 2-3 hours for a pit stop, water, more hay if needed and just to stay still for 5 - 10 minutes.

How many hours can they comfortably travel like that before it would be pretty important to unload them and let them walk around and stretch their legs?  We're talking about sound endurance horses without lameness or stiffness issues.

Thank you for any advice

--

Kathy  SE