[RC] wearing shotguns ( full chaps) on long rides - Suzy Henderson

I am interested in buying some shotguns( what western show persons wear) for winter riding.  These are not the chaps or chinks that Pat Parelli wears.  So before I invest the money I want to know if any of you have used them on long rides and how they worked out.
Do they bunch up on the knee area and rub or any other problems?  I will be wearing them over my Irideon pants.  I am a featherweight, so have had trouble in the past with inside of knees getting a bit raw.  I would appreciate any info.   Thanks suzy