Re: [RC] [RC] Bandos Saddle - Beth Walker

I've played with the idea of a treeless periodically, but I have always had trouble with the stirrup attachment designs. ?

In all the models I've seen, the attachment looks like it would concentrate pressure in a very small area, particularly if you rode in a two-point position for any length of time. ? I looked at the pictures of the new Bandos, too. ?From the picture, it looks as if the "attachment plate" is primarily fabric, so I would think that you would still have the same general problem - when weight is put into the stirrups, it ends up being concentrated across the back in that very narrow area. ?However, I also haven't heard of severe problems for that.

So - does anyone have an explanation for how these saddles avoid that problem? ? Is it simply not a problem (and why not), or to folks with treeless saddles not use 2-point position?

On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Smith, Dave wrote:

Thanks, Karen.? I plan to check out all these saddles.? I have some time before I begin saddling Minuet, my Arab filly “rescue.”? Her back is very similar to my mustangs’ and his Synergist saddle may fit her once she grows a bit more. While I’m pretty happy with the Synergist, I’m interested in a treeless saddle, thinking it may be more comfortable for her than a more traditional treed saddle.? --Dave
?

From:?Karen Sullivan [mailto:greymare56@xxxxxxxxx]?
Sent:?Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:44 AM
To:?Smith, Dave
Cc:?ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:?Re: [RC] Bandos Saddle
?
Ranelle, also curious what is in the pommel?? And is it removable? Also the cantle?
?
Dave and all....the list of proven treeless saddles has grown tremendously in the past several years as manufacturers are really coming up with new designs, testing, etc.? I bet some of you have not heard much about all the new Sensation, Freeform and Barefoot models, Startrek has several models, new Equiflow treeless, Treefree, Foenix, as well as quite a few more....
?