RE: [RC] Girth galls, etc. - heidi larson

we haven't tried the mohair (yet) but when our little old
man with a sway back gains weight, his dressage girth gets
under his elbows (we do pull legs forward) and will still
rub a bit, last time I put a little Cowboy Magic under that
particular spot and didn't have a problem.  That was a
one-horse/one-time experiment however, will have to do
further testing!

heidi and Asil Kontiki

--- Ranelle Rubin <raneller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike,

I have had issues with this, and have gone to a Mohair
Girth with soft leather guards behind the buckles. I got
mine from Action Rider Tack. If you have a catalog, it is
on pg. 8, if not, it is by Montana Cincha and comes in
English and Western Styles, but the western one does not
have the leather behind the ring.

I also used Gaul Save..I can get the brand for you, but
it is sticky, messy, and green and comes in a can.

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx