[RC] Long distance riding and jeans - sherman

I rode in stretch denim leggings for years, did several 25-30 mile conditioning ride in them, but in the first 10 miles of my first 50 my inside knee became hamburger. I switched to tights for “rides”, but still wear stretch denim leggings, they have seams on the inside, or stretch denim breeches which have no inside seam. Except in cold weather, then I use Evelyn’s fleece tights. (:>)

I know a couple guys who wear baseball pants with an added stirrup. They aren’t as tight as tights. My neighbor wears sweat pants, but doesn’t ride for more than a couple of hours. One of my riding partners resisted the switch from jeans to tights, until one hot summer ride when he dipped himself in the river and had to ride in wet, heavy jeans.

Kathy