[RC] Long Distance Riding and Jeans - Vchorsegal

I have coached many riders over the years, and people don't always want to believe that after about 15 miles the jeans will kill you.  Sooner than that if you are really moving out or doing lots of turns.  Humidity will also create rubs faster.  I can't imagine anything better than soft riding tights and suede half chaps.  The half chaps also give your calves a bit more grip if you need it.  I have had to bite my tongue several times when people in jeans came in bloody and raw ( After many people told them about jeans ) .  Twice I saw them stumble over to Evelyn Allen's kiosk and order several pairs of tights.  Mostly it was the man, sorry guys !!
- Heidi Helly, still living & learning !!